Sixth in Qualifying for Red Bull KTM's Max Nagl
With his sights set on two top five results in Sunday's MX1 GP of Portugal, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing's Max Nagl finished in sixth place in Saturday's qualifying.
"This was a good day for me," the German rider said. "I was quite fast in all sessions and I like the track a lot." Nagl got off to a good start and was riding comfortably with the front runners. He was riding in fifth place behind Italian Antonio Cairoli and although was passed by Tanel Leok in the closing stages, was satisfied with his day's ride.
Jonathan Barragan, KTM's factory rider from Team Silver Action was riding with a shoulder injury from a mid week training accident. Given the circumstances he put in a solid race to finish twelfth but admitted he was preserving his strength for tomorrow's GP. Jonathan rode with his shoulder strapped and was give pain killers before the ride. "I tried to be as focussed as I could and not make any mistakes," he said. "But I did try to save my strength and if I have a good start tomorrow - and I will - I will be faster."
Results, MX1 Qualifying Race
1. Ken de Dyker, Belgium, Suzuki, 23:56.626
2. Josh Coppins, New Zealand, Yamaha, 23:58.145
3. Clement Desalle, Belgium, Honda, 23:58.977
4. Antonio Cairoli, Italy, Yamaha, 23:59.555
5. Tanel Leok, Estonia, Yamaha, 24:07.743
6. Max Nagl, Germany KTM, 24:09.865
12. Jonathan Barragan, Spain, KTM, 24:41.717